The Royal Meteorological Society (RMetS) runs theWeather Club. It is the Learned and Professional Society for weather and climate, and has a lot of enthusiastic amateur members. RMetS is giving all new individual members 50% off for a limited time only*.
Joining the RMetS gives you access to all the membership benefits that you would receive throughout the year. You will receive online access to Weather, the ‘house journal’ of the RMetS (both past and future issues), which can access online or via an App. The discounted fees are as follows:
- Fellow: £49.50
- Associate Fellow: £39.75
- Student: £20.00
- Fellow-Reciprocal (member of RPS, RGS, IoP): £37.00
- Associate Fellow-Reciprocal (member of RPS, RGS, IoP): £30.00
You will also be able to take advantage of all the usual RMetS benefits:
- Enhance your knowledge by attending RMetS meetings - if you are not able then attend our National Meetings in person then as a member you can participate remotely online.
- Share your passion of meteorology with others at our WeatherLive event on 4th November 2017 - members of the RMetS save 15% off normal registration fees.
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter with updates on RMetS news, our latest projects and upcoming events
- Access speaker presentations following National Meetings
- Up to 50% off charged meetings
- Discount on items in the Society's shop
The Royal Meteorological Society is a registered charity, and hence relies upon member subscriptions and donations to help support our charitable work in science and education
You can also join in with:
- outreach activities
- our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages
- attend and get involved with meetings at our local centres around the UK
- participate in our Special Interest Groups
- access to educational resources including instruments
The RMetS membership runs annually, from January to December.
*In order to qualify for the offer, you must complete a direct debit mandate to pay for your future membership subscription by direct debit – this can either be an annual, half-yearly, or quarterly direct debit. A direct debit mandate can be downloaded here and must be completed and emailed to us before we can process your membership application.
From 2018 onwards, your full membership subscription will be collected by direct debit and you will receive all the usual membership benefits associated with full membership, including a printed copy of Weather (unless you choose to continue to receive Weather online-only, in which case, please contact our Membership Secretary and you will receive 20% off your future subscriptions).
NOTE: in order to receive printed copies of Weather for the whole of 2017 (including back-issues), the full annual subscription will apply - if you would like to pay in full, please contact our Membership Secretary.